Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Q+A with Rod Wingrove

Clubhouse Chatter: What is your favorite baseball movie?

Rod Wingrove: Major League, the funniest movie I've ever seen

CC: There's a movie about your life. What's the title and who plays you?

RW: The boy who couldnt hit a beach ball starring Dave Chapelle

CC: What's the first music album you ever bought?

RW: Bobby Brown, Ain't Nobody Humpin Around

CC: What's the most recent music album you bought?

RW: Rita Mcneail, The Remix Album. Rita has some phat beats

CC: What is your most embarrassing baseball moment?

RW: Go to the team stats and look at my batting average

CC: We want to read a good book, what should we read and why?

RW: Right now I'm reading a book called the Canadian Game its about Canadian players in tha Major Leagues its got some great stories about the road to the Majors

CC: Do you have any baseball superstitions?

RW: I dont wash for a week before a game(just kidding). After each out I spit two times in my glove and before a game I always stack my catchers pads the same way

CC: What was the best vacation you've ever been on?

RW: My buddies and I went on a road trip to Seattle to see a couple Mariners games against Boston last year. I got so drunk I cant remember anything it was the best time of my life.

CC: Who is your favorite baseball player of all-time, and why?

RW: Kevin Cash. Was the catcher for the best team ever GO JAYS GO!! At bat hes average but defensively nobody can steal off him. Last year he had something like a 46% throw out rate, just awesome

CC: You have $20. It's the last $20 you can ever spend. How do you spend it?

RW: A Blue Jays ticket and two ice cold pints of the Rogers Centers finest brew. I would die a happy man!!

CC: What is your proudest baseball moment?

RW: Signing that big league contract with the mighty Surrey Indians. It only cost me $120. Wow, I still get teary eyed

CC: Tell us a good joke. Keep it clean.

RW: What kind of Bees produce milk (Boobies)

No comments: