Sunday, June 19, 2005

Q+A with Kelly Grace

Clubhouse Chatter: Who is your favorite baseball player of all-time, and why?

Kelly Grace: Delino Lamont DeShields: Allstar 2nd baseman, #4 (back in the day with the Expos), and just an all-round great guy - reminds me of someone…hmmmm



CC: There's a movie about your life. What's the title?

KG: Empty Pockets (drama/comedy) – A true story of a man who has so much student loan debt he’ll never have money again.

CC: You can do one karaoke song. What song do you choose, and why?

KG: Rush Rush by Paula Abdul – C’mon picture it guys. Chris, you know what I’m talking about

CC: What is your most embarrassing baseball moment?

KG: It’s the all star game 1988. The stands are jamb packed. We’re in the middle of the 5th inning and the game is tight. I’m a 12 year old 2nd baseman with the worse stomach ache of his life. "TIMES!" I yell and run off the field to the locker room under the stands. Not only did I almost have a hershey squirt in the middle of the allstar game but to top it all off I have my mom and coaches at the foot of the locker room entrance yelling if I’m okay. What do you say? "I’m fine, just had to take a sh*t."

CC: What is your favorite baseball movie?

KG: Bull Durham

CC: We want to read a good book, what should we read and why?

KG: There’s no time for reading guys. Get to practice or the batting cage.

CC: You have $20. It's the last $20 you can ever spend. How do you spend it?

KG: Bills, bills and more bills….story of my life (see above).

CC: What is your proudest baseball moment?

KG: Getting the winning hit in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out to take us to the Canadian championships. I was literally picked up on everyone’s shoulder like you see in the movies.

CC: Tell us a good joke. Keep it clean.

KG: Coming home from his Little League game, Billy swung open the front door very excited. Unable to attend the game, his father immediately wanted to know what happened.
"So, how did you do son?" he asked.
"You'll never believe it!" Billy said. "I was responsible for the winning run!"
"Really? How'd you do that?"
"I dropped the ball."

No comments: